Friday, May 10, 2013

A Hug



I woke up today thinking that this day is just like an ordinary day, I immediately took a bathe and prepare myself for work, I usually kiss my mom on the forehead before leaving the house but as I was walking out the door.

Mom: aalis ka na? (are you leaving?)

Me: opo baka ma-late ako sa office (yes, I might be late for work)

Mom: lika muna dito (come here first)

I was thinking she will just ask me to do some errands and stuffs, as I got closer she gave me a very tight hug. I was speechless and teary eyed... As you can see my relationship with my mom got weakened after I told her my HIV status, she was so mad at me that she said some very hurtful things to me before and our conversations regarding my health always leads to a fight. As I remember the last time she hugged me was on my 23rd birthday, I am already 24, turning 25 this year. That hug means a lot to me, it pushes to fight even more. I do love my mom very much and I had forgiven her already. I am just praying that one day things will be back to normal with us.


3 comments:

  1. You're lucky you're with your Mom. Maybe it just took her some time to accept your status. We're lucky we have our Moms despite the condition we have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Admin, if not okay please remove!

    Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

    www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete